How stressed out are you?
Take this quiz and see how you rate on your
#1 health problem, is a leading cause of major
illness. Heart disease, high blood pressure,
and depression are just some of the harmful
effects of stress. Research has shown that releasing
stress and learning how to relax promotes a
healthier, happier, and more fulfilling life.
Take this quiz and see how you rate on your
stress level! (Answer yes/no for each question,
the results are below)
1. I make time for myself every day.
2. I have a tendency to take on other people’s
3. I say “no” without feeling guilty.
4. I get impatient quickly with delays or changes.
5. While waiting for the elevator, I press the
button more than once.
6. I am able to relax and unwind easily at the
end of the day.
7. I laugh everyday.
8. I feel guilty when I just do nothing.
9. I feel “beaten up” sometimes at the end of
10. I get disappointed in others often.
11. I have a hard time falling asleep at night.
12. I often forget to wear my watch.
If you answered
YES to these questions.
1. Yes- You are creating an environment where
you can release stress and stay in balance.
Keep up the good work!
2. Yes-You are doing too much, and are spreading
yourself too thin. It would be a good idea to
stay responsible for your work load, and revaluate
why you are willing to take on other people’s
3. Yes- If you can say no and be okay with that;
you are doing much better than most. By saying
no, and not feeling guilty, you are setting
your boundaries. You are also eliminating added
stress. Kudos for you!
4. Yes- Becoming impatient and irritable quickly
is a big sign that you are feeling a large amount
of stress. When you are under stress, you react
more rapidly than if you were relaxed. Take
note of this, and observe how you react the
next time you are faced with an unexpected setback
5. Yes- If you push the elevator button more
than once, chances are you are a type-A personality.
You could have a tendency to live your life
in a rushed and stressful way. Slow down..
remember pushing the button more than once isn’t
going to make the elevator go any faster. You
have to learn to let go and chill.
6. Yes- If you can relax and unwind at the end
of the day, you are dealing with stress management
in a great way. Being able to relax is a sign
that you are not bringing your work home with
you, and you are putting your priorities in
order. This is GREAT!
7. Yes- Laughter is one the best ways to release
stress, and staying in balance. Finding laugher
in the day is an excellent stress buster!
8. Yes- Feeling guilty when you are doing nothing
is an indicator that you are living a lifestyle
that is rushed, hurried, and stressful. Break
yourself of that habit fast, and make it a priority
to do nothing, and feel good about it. Your
health depends on it!
9. Yes- Feeling “beaten up” at the end of the
day means you are working way too hard. You
can lighten up your work load, delegate your
work, or get better organized to eliminate that
feeling of heaviness.
10. Yes- When you are easily disappointed in
others this means that you are expecting too
much from the wrong people. You are living in
stress! Chances are you are doing too much for
others too. Set your boundaries, and choose
who you trust wisely.
11. Yes- Insomnia is a side effect of stress,
Your mind is racing because it is conditioned
to be working 24/7. It’s time to learn how to
relax, set your boundaries, and keep your life
12. Yes- If you can get through the day without
your watch, you have conquered the need to control
your time. You can manage your time well.
If you answered
NO to these questions.
1. No- You are in a rut where you are feeling
stressed, and will soon be burned out. Make
it a priority to take time out for yourself
even if it is only 10 minutes a day.
2. No- You are not taking more responsibility
than you should. This is great! Keep up the
good work. You know your boundaries.
3. No- Saying no means setting your boundaries
and enforcing them. This eliminates added stress.
Start practicing saying no and sticking to it.
Your self respect depends on it!
4. No- Not reacting to sudden chances and setbacks
are a sign of good stress management. Problem
solving and solutions are a much better choice!
5. No- If you press the elevator button only
once, chances are you have learned to be patient,
and can manage your stress well. Excellent!
6. No- If you are having difficulties relaxing
and unwinding, you are living a stressful life.
It is time to learn how to relax and let go.
You must find a balance in your life, or else
you will be on the road to “burn out.”
7. No- Laughter is the best medicine for everything.
If you aren’t finding enough humor and laughter
in your life, then you are out of balance. Make
it a priority to find things that bring you
joy on a regular basis.
8. No- Doing nothing is a great stress buster.
If you can just do nothing and enjoy it, you
have mastered the stress demons.
9. No- If you don’t have that “beaten up” feeling
at the end of your day this is great! You have
learned how to successful manage your stress,
and not hold it internally. Excellent!
10. No- This is another sign of excellent stress
management skills. You are accurately seeing
other people’s strengths and weaknesses, and
perceiving that appropriately.
11. No- Being able to relax and fall asleep
at night is another good stress management skill.
You seem to keep your stress under control.
12. No- If you are “lost” without your watch,
this could be a sign of a controlling personality.
It might do you good to forget your watch on
the weekends, and just be a free spirit once
in a while.
|About The Author
Marla Sloane Ph.D.
is a successful author and speaker. Her Daily
Positive Affirmations subscribers have reached
world-wide proportions, and her book, “The Masks
We Wear and How to Live Without Them” is at
the heart of her teleclasses; Live Your Best
Life. Marla has also produced, Trilogy of Meditations,
for your Mind, Body, and Spirit, which is distributed
nationwide, and in Europe. You can visit her
web site at: